DUMBO – Last year, The Time Out Group announced its plans to launch Time Out Market New York , a 21,000-square-foot, two-story venue at the Empire Stores featuring food vendors, three bars, rooftop access, a performance stage, and an exhibition space.
In November the group announced 11 of the 21 chefs/restaurants that will be featured at the location. The list included:
Clinton St. Baking Company
DŌ Cookie Dough
FELICE Pasta Bar
Mermaid Oyster Bar [Update: Mermaid Oyster has since been removed from the list]
Seven more vendors were announced for the lineup earlier this week including:
- Breads Bakery – The NYC bakery will two feature two outlets at Time Out Market—The Bakery will offer croissants, cookies, rugelach, burekas, chocolate babka, and coffee. The Sandwich Shop will serve sandwiches on Jerusalem Bagels—a fluffier, lighter take on traditional bagels.
- Chef Ivy Stark – The Dos Caminos and Amalia alum will introduce her first solo concept, BKLYN Wild, a plant-based eatery featuring healthy comfort food made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
- Ice & Vice Ice Cream – This Lower East Side shop will bring its creative ice cream, sorbet, and frozen yogurt flavors to Brooklyn including “Koala Chip” with eucalyptus, black pepper, and chocolate chips and “9AM” with Vietnamese coffee and donut truffle.
- Loco Coco – This Upper East Side eatery will serve vegan superfood smoothies, smoothie bowls, and fresh juices including a “Matcha Latte” and the “Superfreak” smoothie made with wild pink guava, strawberry, banana, elderberry, CBD honey and omega-3 hemp milk.
- Nur – The Middle Eastern eatery will debut NURish, offering a modern twist on couscous.
- Mr. Taka Ramen – Chefs Takatoshi Nagara and Takayuki Watanabe will serve a selection of Tonkotsu Ramen including the “Miso Ramen” with chicken and bonito fish broth, flour noodles, sliced pork belly and ground pork, and “Taka’s Vegan” made with a vegetable/soy milk broth, flour noodles, avocado, zucchini, tomato, mushrooms, and tofu.
- Pat LaFrieda Meat Purveyors – NYC’s top butcher will offer diners burgers (“The Mel’s Double Burger”), sandwiches (“Black Angus Cheesesteak”), and more including “The World’s Greatest Hot Dog.”
The first Time Out Market debuted in Lisbon, Portugal in 2014, featuring 26 restaurants, eight bars and cafés, and five retail shops. The Brooklyn location is one of several the group plans to launch this year, with Markets scheduled to open in Miami, Boston, Chicago and Montreal.
Time Out Market New York is slated to open this spring at the Empire Stores, 55 Water Street, DUMBO.