The fall is finally really here. UN is still here, President Trump is in town today and tomorrow, as are protesters, so please avoid driving to Manhattan today and the rest of the week unless you absolutely have to and be prepared for the trip to take longer.
- L train shutdown: Increased rush-hour service coming to 6, 7 trains next year (AMNY)
- Southern Brooklyn Lawmaker wants pet stores to only sell animals from shelters, rescue groups (NYP).
- New bill seeks to stop landlords lying about rent-regulated tenants (Curbed)
- WeWork is city’s largest office tenant, but some landlords are wary (Crain’s)
- Whose Side Are Asian-Americans On? A proposal to integrate New York City’s top public high schools would be a boon to black and Latinx students—and a disaster for Asians. (New Republic)
- With a bold school integration plan in place, Brooklyn parents begin to sweat the details (Chalkbeat)
- The First Annual Brooklyn School Gardens Crawl Is Happening This Weekend
- Marijuana Legalization Meeting Tuesday As Brooklyn’s First Dispensary Is Planned
- Funding For The “Blue Wave” Seems to Come Out Of District For 11th Congressional District