Yesterday: Man Shot And Killed in East Flatbush in the Morning, and Another in Bed Stuy in the Evening
On Thursday, October 3, just before 2 am officers from the 67th Precinct responded to a 911 call of an assault in progress inside of 5325 Clarendon Road, a block from Kings Highway.
Upon arrival, they found a 39-year-old man with multiple gunshot wounds to the body. The victim was taken to Kings County Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased. There are no arrests and the investigation remains ongoing. NYPD has not released the name of the victim pending family notification. We will update as more information becomes available.
This will be the 5th murder in the 67th precinct this year.
As of the end of September, there had been 4 murders, down 33% or 2 from last year.
- On February 3rd, at 11 pm there was a murder at Foster and E49th Street.
- On February 22, at 5 pm there was a murder at Avenue B and E94th Street.
- On April 10 at 4 pm there was a murder at Foster and Brooklyn Avenues (Flatbush Gardens)
- On September 5 at 8pm, there was a murder at Cortelyou and E28th Street.
Over in Bedford Stuyvesant, officers responded to a 911 call of a man shot in front of 449 Nostrand Avenue just before 10pm last night. They found 23-year-old Davon Williams with a gunshot wound to the torso. He was taken to Kings County Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased. Williams lived around the corner on Hancock Street. There are no arrests and the investigation remains ongoing.
For 79th Precinct it will be the 9th murder this year, a slight increase from last year.
AS of 9/29/19 NYP was reporting 8 murders in 79th Precinct, up from 7 this time last year:
- On January 17 at 1pm at Franklin and Lafayette Avenues
- On January 24 at 7pm at Quincy and Franklin Avenues
- On February 4 at 1pm at Marcy and Lexington Avenues
- On February 12 at 10am at Marcy and Willoughby Avenues
- On March 5 ar 11pm at Greene and Bedford Avenues
- On March 16 at 9am ar Marcy Ave and Ellery Street
- On April 18 at 5pm at Marcy and Gates Avenues
- On July 8 at 2pm at Franklin Avenue and Lefferts Place
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.