MIDWOOD/EAST FLATBUSH — Target announced today that they will be opening another of their small-format urban stores at the corner of Kings Highway and Foster Avenue in East Flatbush, where Kristal Auto Mall used to be in 2020.
“Our Kings Highway store will offer unique value to this iconic Brooklyn neighborhood by providing families and residents with a customized shopping experience for the community – made even easier with free onsite parking,” said Mark Schindele, senior vice president, Properties, Target.
Offerings are expected to be similar to those of their Bensonhurst store, except this one will have parking:
- A food and beverage selection for quick or fill-in trips, including fresh produce, grab-and-go options, snacks and meal solutions
- Apparel and accessories for men and women
- Baby and kids products, including basics, apparel, toys and sporting goods
- Essentials and beauty products
- A curated assortment of home décor, seasonal items and accessories
- Portable technology products and entertainment accessories
This store will also offer pickup for your online Target orders, promising that more than 95% of such orders will be ready in less than an hour.
The Brooklyn Kings Highway store will employ approximately 100 team members, but you do not need to wait that long to work for Target.
They will be hiring 85 new employees for their Lower East Side store, which will open on August 19 at 400 Grand Street in Manhattan at events on June 11, 12, 14 and 18. Interested candidates should visit Target.com/careers to apply in advance of the job fair date and to schedule an interview.
Target currently has stores at the Gateway Mall, Atlantic Terminal, Junction, Bensonhurst and Fulton Street.
Midwood Target, offering 37,700 square feet of shopping at Kings Highway and East 14th Street (technically at 1715 East 13th Street) will open in 2019, steps from Kings Highway Q/B stop. Neighboring businesses were not too thrilled to learn of the opening when it was first announced back in 2016.