Happy Monday, everyone! This week, you can get your laugh on at Bar Chord’s comedy night, meet fellow lovers of literature at Ditmas Park’s newest book club, go to a free exercise dance class, and lots more.
If you have an upcoming event you’d like featured in our calendar, or if there’s anything we’ve left off, let us know! Post your events in our community calendar or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, August 17
• Roswell TexMex dishes up their deliciousness at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 6-10:30pm.
• Kundalini Yoga at the Family of Light Holistic Center, 7:30pm
• We’re Going To Hell comedy night is at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Tuesday, August 18
• Vinyasa Yoga is at the Family of Light Holistic Center, 9:30am.
• Join the drop-in sing-along with Miss Katie at Lark Cafe, 11am.
• Bring the kids to a drop-in Spanish sing-along with Esperanza at Lark Cafe, 1pm.
• Teens are invited to play cartoon-themed Jeopardy at the Cortelyou Library, 2pm.
• The Toddler Tuesdays program at Studio 1203 includes a sing- and dance-along with pianist Maxine Feldman and more. Babies/toddlers through age 4 are welcome to attend with their caregivers. 4-4:45pm.
• El Super Tostadas dishes up their goods at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 6-10:30pm.
• Join the Brooklyn Front Runners (a multi-sport club for LGBT and LGBT-friendly athletes) for a run at Prospect Park every Tuesday evening, 7pm.
• Yoga-by-donation at the Family of Light Holistic Center ($5 minimum donation), 7:30pm.
• Win a $60 bar tab during Highbury Pub’s trivia night, 9pm.
• Brian Charette’s Mighty Grinders, a funky organ trio, performs at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Wednesday, August 19
• A gentle yoga class each Wednesday at the Church of the Nativity (1099 Ocean Avenue, by Farragut) will include stretching, strengthening, and breathing deeply, and the instructor noted it’s good for those with arthritis, hypertension, diabetes, or just regular aches and pains. $10 suggested donation, 10:30am.
• Have fun at a sing-along with Debbie Deane at Lark Cafe, 11am.
• Little Feet Wise Heart yoga at Lark Cafe, 4pm.
• Get your literary fix at Ditmas Park’s newest book club at Cortelyou Library, 6:15pm.
• Get fit at a free dance exercise class at Flatbush-Tompkins Congregational Church, 6:30pm
• Bring your kitchen scraps to Q Gardens for free composting, 6:30-8:30pm.
• Feltman’s of Coney Island dishes up their deliciousness at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 6-10:30pm.
• New heart-centered Hatha Yoga class at the Family of Light Holistic Center, 7:30pm.
• Two-for-one whiskey night at the Highbury Pub, 9pm.
• Singer-songwriter Shlomo Franklin performs at Bar Chord, 10pm.