Happy Labor Day! Here’s What To Know Around Town
Happy Labor Day! We hope all our readers enjoy a final summer sendoff this holiday weekend. If you’re sticking around the area, here’s some information from the city on what’s open, what’s closed, and what’s running on a different schedule.
And don’t forget to check out J’Ouvert and the West Indian Day Parade on Monday.
• Government offices and courts are closed on Monday, September 4 in observance of Labor Day.
• There is no mail delivery.
• Alternate side parking is suspended, and you do not have to pay the parking meter. No stopping, no standing and no parking regulations are suspended except where those regulations are in effect anytime or seven days a week.
• There is no garbage recycling, or organics collection on Monday. If Monday is your garbage or organics day, put out your garbage or organics after 4pm Monday evening. If Monday is your recycling day, wait until next week to put out your recycling.
• Subways and buses are operating on a reduced schedule. The Staten Island Ferry is operating on a holiday schedule.
• All branches of the Brooklyn Public Library are closed from Saturday, September 2 through Monday, September 4.
• And as a final reminder that summer is really coming to a close, New York City public schools open on Thursday, September 7.
Have a great holiday! If you take any photos in the neighborhood while you’re out enjoying the long weekend, be sure to send them our way at email@example.com.
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.