Happy Labor Day! What You Need To Know For The Holiday Weekend
Happy Labor Day! We hope all our readers enjoy the final weekend of the summer. If you’re sticking around the area, here’s some information from the city on what’s open, what’s closed, and what’s running on a different schedule.
Don’t forget to check out J’Ouvert and the West Indian Day Parade on Monday.
• Government offices and courts are closed on Monday, September 3 in observance of Labor Day.
• There will be no mail delivery on Monday.
• Alternate side parking is suspended, and you do not have to pay the parking meter. No stopping, no standing and no parking regulations are suspended except where those regulations are in effect anytime or seven days a week.
• There is no garbage, recycling, or organics collection on Monday. If Monday is your garbage or organics pick-up day, put out your garbage and/or organics after 4pm on Monday. If Monday is your recycling day, wait until next week to put out your recycling.
• All branches of the Brooklyn Public Library are closed from Saturday, September 1 through Monday, September 3.
• On Labor Day, subways and buses will operate on a Sunday schedule. The Staten Island Ferry is operating on a holiday schedule. Note: click here to see MTA changes in Brooklyn on Monday related to the J’Ouvert and West Indian Day Celebrations.
• And as a final reminder that summer is really coming to a close, New York City public schools are back in session on Wednesday, September 5.
BKLYNER is taking Monday off. We’ll be back on Tuesday, September 4. Have a great holiday!
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.