This tender, crisp, mayonnaise-free slaw goes great with seafood and pork and leftovers make a great base for a lunchtime salad.
This slaw with its crisp, crunchy texture, sweet fennel, peppery radish and tangy dressing seems to be the perfect side for your next juicy pork tenderloin. At least, that’s what’s on this family’s dinner menu tonight.
But on its own? Gag city.
This fennel and celery slaw, however, is clean and bright. Nothing but raw, fresh vegetables from your local farmer’s market, a little apple cider vinegar, whole grain mustard and a touch of honey.
I also love that this recipe calls for using the celery leaves and fennel fronds. I’m always on the lookout for recipes that help me use the whole vegetable to ease my guilt over food waste.
Fennel and Celery Slaw
* 1 large fennel bulbs, very thinly sliced * 4 celery stalks, very thinly sliced * 5 large radishes, cut into matchsticks 2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
* 2 tsp honey
* 1 tsp chopped celery leaves
* 1 tsp chopped fennel fronds
* 1 shallot, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
* Ingredients available seasonally at your neighborhood Greenmarket!
Combine fennel bulb, celery, and radishes in a large bowl. Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Mix dressing into vegetables and let stand 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.