What’s Open and Closed in Ditmas Park this Week
Friday, December 25 is Christmas; if you plan to celebrate outside of Ditmas Park enjoy safe travels and good weather.
If you’re sticking around the neighborhood, note that Christmas Eve, Thursday, December 24, is not an official city holiday, so all city government offices, including courts, are open.
Here’s some information you might need to know for the holidays this week:
Government Offices, Parking, and Sanitation
All government offices are closed on Christmas Day, including courts.
There is no mail delivery.
All NYC public schools are closed Thursday, December 24 through Friday, January 1, 2016, for Winter Recess. Students return to school on Monday, January 4, 2016.
Alternate side parking regulations are suspended and parking meters do not have to be paid on Christmas Day. Additionally, no stopping, no standing, and no parking regulations are suspended, except where those regulations are in effect at any time or seven days a week.
There is no sanitation collection on Christmas Day. If Friday is your regular garbage or organics day, place your items out after 4pm on Friday, December 25. If Thursday is your regular recycling day, wait until after 4pm on January 2 to put out your recycling.
Subways and Buses
The New York City Subway will operate on a regular weekday schedule on Thursday. New York City subways and buses will operate on a Sunday schedule (which means no B train).
There will be service changes on the 24th on the B-train Brighton Beach-bound trains make local stops at Avenue U and Neck Rd. Astoria-bound Q- trains skip Neck Rd and Avenue U.
Cortelyou and other select branches of the Brooklyn Public Library system will be open on Thursday from 9am-1pm. However, all branches of the New York library systems are closed on Friday for Christmas.
- Dynasty Pediatrics, 464 Ocean Parkway between Cortelyou Road and Ditmas Avenue will be open regular office hours on Christmas. For any questions about their availability, call (718) 282-0022.
2020 Cortelyou Rd, may be open Thursday, but it will be best to call before coming, (718) 703-2020.
- C Townstores will be open 8am-8pm on Thursday and 8am-6pm Friday.
- Downtown Natural Market, 1701 Church Avenue on the corner of E 17th Street, will be open 7:30am-7:00pm Thursday and 10am-5pm Friday.
, 1415 Cortelyou Rd. between Rugby and Marlborough, will be open from 6am-7pm Thursday and 11am-12am Friday.
- Cortelyou Market by Key Food, 1610 Cortelyou Road between E 16th and E 17th Streets, will be open from 7am-10pm Thursday and from 8am-8pm on Friday
- Stop & Shop, 1009 Flatbush Avenue between Tilden Avenue and Albermarle Road, will be open from 6am-6pm Thursday and closed on Friday.
1205 Cortelyou Road between Westminster and Argyle Roads, will be open from 12pm-9pm Thursday and closed on Friday.
- Golden Farm, 329 Church Ave, will continue to stay open 24/7 this week.
- Foodtown, 382 McDonald Ave, will be open Christmas Eve 7am-8pm and Christmas 7am -7pm.
- Flatbush Discount Wine and Liquor, 1070 Flatbush Ave, will be open Thursday 8-10 and closed Friday.
Restaurants & ShopsBar Chord
, 1008 Cortelyou Road between Stratford Road and Coney Island Avenue, will be open regular hours on Thursday, 4pm-2am and 6pm-2am on Friday.Oxcart Tavern
, 1301 Newkirk Ave., will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but will be open for New Year’s Eve until 12 am and New Year’s Day.The Farm on Adderley
, 1108 Cortelyou Road between Stratford and Westminster Roads, will be closed Thursday and Friday.Lark
, 1007 Church Avenue between E 10th Street and Stratford Road, will be open 7am-6pm Thursday and from 8am-12pm on Friday.Lea
, 1022 Cortelyou Road between Stratford Road and Coney Island Avenue, will be open normal business hours Christmas Eve: 11am-3:30pm for lunch and 5pm-11pm for dinner Friday.Milk & Honey
, 1119 Newkirk Avenue on the corner of Westminster Road, will be open from 7am-7pm on Thursday and likely from 7am to 8 pm on Christmas.
- Qathra, 1112 Cortelyou Road between Stratford and Westminster Roads, will be open from 7am-7pm on Christmas and Christmas Eve.
will be serving dinner on Christmas Eve with delicious holiday specials.
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.