We are looking for a new editor for Sheepshead Bites. If you’d like to apply or know anyone who’d be good for the job, please get in touch!
POSITION: EDITOR (Full Time)
Summary: Oversees editorial content. Must have a passion for local news and engagement in your community, be able to write quickly and accurately, and have a deep understanding of content management systems and social media.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Be the face of the neighborhood, the ultimate source for everything that’s going on in the neighborhood.
• Research, report, and write both original and aggregated content.
• Seek out interesting stories, know when breaking news is happening, and prioritize it all quickly.
• Attend community meetings and other important events.
• Help guide the editorial direction of the site based on metrics, community input, and new ideas.
• Expand the site’s reach through social networks, creative marketing, and just talking to neighbors on the street.
• A passion for the neighborhood, and for sharing its stories.
• Experience with writing, photography, and the social web.
• Experience working independently and under tight deadlines.
• Excellent news judgement.
• Flexibility, and an eagerness to help the site grow and change.
• Must be willing to live in or near the neighborhood you cover, since you will be spending a lot of time here, and knowing it intimately is the most important part of the job!
* Applicants fluent or at least conversational in Russian and/or Spanish/Cantonese/Mandarin preferred.
To apply, send an email cover letter with attached resume and recent clips to Liena@cornermediagroup.com. Include “EDITOR JOB” in the subject line.
Corner Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.