A van spontaneously exploded – completely engulfing itself in flames – on Lefferts Place near Classon Avenue on Monday evening, according to witnesses.
Firefighters were notified of the blaze at 6:40 p.m., and extinguished the fire by 7:10 p.m., an FDNY spokesman said. No one was injured, according to the spokesman.
The spokesman could not provide the cause of the fire. We will provide more details as they become available. Let us know in the comments if you were nearby and have more information.
View more photos of the fire, taken by William Laviano, here.