UPDATE: Two Stabbed, One Dead in Brighton Beach on Saturday; Arrest Made

1
Two stabbing victims were found by police outside the 7-11 on Brighton Beach Ave (Screenshot via Google Maps)

UPDATE 10/24/17: Police have released the identity of the deceased 18-year old: Giovanni Olivares, of Coney Island.

Additionally, David Medrano-Torres, a 20-year old man from Brighton Beach, has been arrested and charged with manslaughter and assault, said police.

The investigation into the incident is still ongoing.

BRIGHTON BEACH – A late-night dispute by a group on Brighton Beach Ave resulted in the stabbing death of an 18-year old man over the weekend.

Police responded to a 911 call about an assault in progress at 2:38 am on Saturday, October 21. Upon arriving at the 7-11 at 708 Brighton Beach Ave, they found a 21-year old man with a slashed face and an 18-year old that had been stabbed in the torso, said police.

EMS transported the 21-year-old to Lutheran Medical Center in stable condition. The 18-year-old was taken to Coney Island Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased, said police.

Police said there were 3 other unknown individuals involved in a “group dispute” that led to the two stabbings. So far, there have been no arrests and an investigation is ongoing.

This story is free to read thanks to the generous support from readers like you. To support independent local journalism and keep local news free, become a member!

Advertisement
Comment policy

1 COMMENT

  1. This is something that any normal young man might do in his youth. I may ave done something like this, but luckily I did not.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here