Anxious to meet your child’s teachers? Take this as a great opportunity to start an open dialogue with your child’s teachers. Ask specific questions that will not only give you insights on how your child is performing, but also a clear vision of what to expect the rest of the school year.
Tiffany Stathakis, Chang Learning’s Intervention Specialist, gives us a few questions to get us started.
- What curriculum will be used this year?
- Does my child follow directions thoroughly?
- How do you measure and track progress?
- In which areas does my child need extra support?
- Can test preparation classes at Chang Learning help my child get ready for the common core statewide exams?
- What are the most challenging math topics and strategies my child needs to know by the end of this year?
- What are some of the most important literacy skills and concepts my child needs to work on?
- Is the quality and quantity of my child’s writing up to standard?
- What are some red flag indications that show my child needs extra enrichment classes at Chang Learning?
Students with IEP:
- Can we review the services my child is receiving (Speech, P.T.,O.T. , SETTS)?
- Can we review my child’s academic goals and the percent of grade level mastery they need to reach?
- Is my child receiving their mandated extra time for exams?
- When and where does my child get pulled out for their “separate location” accommodation?
After meeting with your child’s teachers, it is important to plan and execute! Get a free consultation with academic specialists at Chang Learning to learn how to help your child succeed.
1661-1663 Bath Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11214