In the market for a new place to live? Just curious what’s available, and for how much? Here are some open houses taking place in the area this weekend. Any thoughts on what these places will actually sell for?HOUSES
• The house at 295 E 17th Street (pictured above, photo via Corcoran) has 6 bedrooms, 4 fireplaces, a 2-car garage, and some unbelievable shag carpeting. Is it me, or in the view of the outside, do two of the windows look painted over? In any case, a huge house that needs “superficial” improvements, according to Corocoran, who’s listing it for $1,199,000.
Open house: Sunday, July 29, 12:30-2pm
• The trim on 450 E 16th Street always makes me think of a wedding cake. This 5-bedroom, 1.5-bath cake is listed by Mary Kay Gallagher for $990,000. It backs up to the subway tracks, and I know the people I’ve talked to have said you just stop noticing the trains after a while–anyone who lives by the tracks care to chime in on that?
Open house: Sunday, July 29, 1-3pm
• The 1-bed, 1-bath apartment at 488 Ocean Parkway #3G looks like it gets a lot of light, and at an asking price of $179,000 (listed by NY Sales & Rentals) with a maintenance fee of $619, it seems like a pretty good deal. It’s close to Cortelyou–but to get to the main shopping area, you’ll have to cross both Ocean Parkway and Coney Island Ave.
Open house: Sunday, July 29, 1-2pm
• At 616 E 18th St, there’s a 1-bed, 1-bath space listed by Brooklyn Properties for $255,000, maintenance $635.72. We noticed a 2-bed, 2-bath space listed in the same building over a month ago–that one is also still available through Brooklyn Hearth, but no open house on that one this weekend. The 1-bed is priced $144k less than the 2-bed.
Open house: Sunday, July 29, 2-3:30pm
• There’s a 2-bed, 1-bath space available in the same condo as a 3-bed, 1-bath we noticed last month. 839 E 19th St, 3D is listed by Century 21 for $198,000, common charges not mentioned in the listing. Another 2-bed is also listed in the building, same price but apparently 261 fewer square feet. The 3-bed space is $100k more than both, and all have open houses during the same hours.
Open house: Saturday, July 28, 1-3pm