In the market for a new place to live? Just curious what’s available, and for how much? Here are some open houses taking place in the area this weekend. Thoughts?HOUSES
• The market being what it is, our guess is this house at 554 Westminster, pictured above, will be scooped up really quickly. A Brownstoner House of the Day this week, their commenters love it. Listed by Mary Kay Gallagher for $890,000, it apparently “needs TLC.” Still, it’s on a nice block that will have a coffee shop on the corner by fall.
Open house: Sunday, July 1, 1-3pm
• Get quite a deal for a one-family home in our area with 562 E 7th Street, which is listed by Brooklyn Real for $750,000. The plus is that it’s largely been renovated and has great original details (except that blue bathroom), the potential minuses are that it’s not stand-alone, there’s a speed bump directly in front of it, and it’s across the street from Ditmas Junior High.
Open house: Sunday, July 1, 12-1:30pm
• You can get a pretty good deal on the 2-bedroom at 2108 Dorchester Road, Apt 4D, which had a $20k price reduction recently. As you get closer to Flatbush Ave, as this building is, you enter one of our precinct’s Impact Zones–which means more crime, but more police patrol as well. Listed by Corcoran for $305,000, maintenance fee $260.
Open house: Sunday, July 1, 2-3:30pm
• New kitchen, new bath, and under $200k. The 1-bed, 1-bath space at 495 E 7th Street, #6N is listed by Brooklyn Hearth for $199,000 with a $579.61 maintenance fee. If you buy this place, maybe you can help petition for changes at the dangerous Coney Island Ave/Cortelyou Road intersection, which you will have to cross regularly if you want to take the Q train.
Open house: Sunday, July 1, 1-2:30pm
• The views are probably terrific from 415 Argyle, #6U. A 1-bed, 1-bath unit right in the heart of the neighborhood, with the Tot Lot at the corner–though watch out for the kids causing trouble near the library. Listed by Abacus for $250,000, maintenance fee $586.
Open house: Sunday, July 1, 11:30am-1pm