Keep up with Park Slope news all week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, sign up for our daily newsletter, and email us with questions, news tips, story ideas, or anything at email@example.com.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• The Gowanus Whole Foods has an opening date.
• A Community Board 6 committee rejected Methodist’s expansion plan.
• Chocoholics and gummy fans rejoice, Bit O’ Sweet is now open on 4th Avenue.
• Lace up your skates, Lakeside is opening in Prospect Park by Christmas.
• The complete guide to Thanksgiving in Park Slope.
• Grab a beer and a vegetarian bite at 4th Avenue’s new Pickle Shack.
• Dragonfly Boutique is closing just eight months after opening on 5th Ave.
• How toxic is your block?
• New Japanese fusion restaurant Shamisen opened on 7th Avenue.
• We’re looking forward to more G train service in 2014.
• The top 5 biggest residential sales in the neighborhood in the past 10 years.
• After a long wait, Red Mango is now serving fro-yo on Flatbush Avenue.
• Fabipops has closed its 4th Avenue showroom.
• Berkeley Place got its speed bumps back, but some neighbors don’t want them.
• Finally, if you’re able to, please consider donating to CAMBA’s 500 Turkeys For 500 Families fundraiser.
Photo by carriel313