Keep up with Park Slope news all week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, sign up for our daily newsletter, and email us with questions, news tips, story ideas, or anything at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• A true top ramen, Yuji Ramen will open a shop in the Gowanus Whole Foods.
• Do you know where all the book exchange locations are in Park Slope?
• Farmer Bill Maxwell is retiring; help send him off at the GAP Greenmarket.
• It snowed!
• Should a strip club be able to advertise on 5th Avenue?
• Time to start planning for Thanksgiving! Here’s where to order a turkey…
• …and here’s who will cook the bird (or sides, or pie) for you to serve at home.
• Got bags of fall leaves? Here’s where to drop them off for composting.
• Neighbors have started a petition to oppose the proposed Methodist expansion.
• Paper clip for trade.
• Do you think we need Boro Taxi stands in the neighborhood?
• The pumpkin whoopie pie from Bklyn Larder will indeed make you say “whoopie.”
• A map shows that almost all of Park Slope could have a 20 mph speed limit.
• Los Pollitos II was shuttered by the taxman.
• Plan ahead for winter by preparing an emergency supplies kit for your pets.
• The next two rounds of fare hikes won’t be as bad as first expected.
• Finally, here are some ways to support typhoon relief efforts in the Philippines.