This week in Ditmas Park, the DOT has announced several traffic changes in the area, the neighborhood was featured by the New York Times, San Remo Pizzeria has been accused of not paying employees overtime, we love the Polish food at Bobek Deli, and more.
Here’s a recap of what happened in our neighborhood:
- The DOT has announced that they are putting in a traffic signal at the intersection of Caton Avenue and East 8th Street.
- We wondered whether the corner of Beverley and Westminster roads needs a traffic signal as well. What do you think?
- Our beautiful neighborhood was featured on the New York Times Block By Block video series this month.
- Check out some of these great activities to do with special needs children.
- We love learning about the history of the neighborhood, like this great piece on Church Avenue!
- The DOT unveiled some changes to Terrace Place in order to increase pedestrian safety.
- The police are after two suspects who robbed a cab driver.
- We love the freshly made Polish food at Bobek Deli on Church Avenue.
- Mi Pueblita Bakery has opened on Coney Island Avenue.
- San Remo Pizzeria has been accused of not paying employees overtime by the Labor Department.
- A 71-year-old man was hit by a van at Ocean Avenue and Beverley Road on Thursday evening.
- Propellerhead, the new bar taking over the former Visions bar, has put up a new sign and should be opening soon.
And please send news tips, photos, and more to firstname.lastname@example.org.