And please send news tips, photos, and more to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a recap of what happened in our neighborhood last week:
- … and two men were hospitalized after being shot on Coney Island Avenue …
- … community leaders discussed what can be done to make our neighborhood safer.
- The NYPD and federal officials dismantled a subset of the Crips street gang that was operating out of East Flatbush.
- What does that gang takedown mean for Ditmas Park — and do we have a gang problem here?
- “Brooklyn has a gang problem,” Borough President Eric Adams told us this week.
- The NYPD released this video of the suspect in this week’s Newkirk Avenue shooting.
- A man was caught on camera stealing a mother’s purse as she walked with her 5-year-old son.
- A bicyclist was struck at Newkirk Avenue and Argyle Road.
- Two dogs were rescued from horrendous living conditions, thanks to neighbor Ann Simkins.
- Thousands of people packed Coney Island Avenue to celebrate the last night of Ramadan.
- The pulled pork poutine at Hunger Pang? It’s epic.
- Q Gardens launched a fundraiser for its gorgeous community-driven mosaic.