Happy Thursday, everyone! This weekend, you can go to a bunch of free shows at Celebrate Brooklyn in Prospect Park, bring the kids to a free terrarium-making class at the E. 4th Street Community Garden, chow down at Sycamore’s 6th annual Crawfish Boil, and lots more!
If you have an upcoming event you’d like featured in our calendar, or if there’s anything we’ve left off, let us know! Post your events in our community calendar or email us at email@example.com.
Thursday, June 11
• Free chocolate & wine tasting at the Brooklyn ARTery, 5-7pm.
• Grab a picnic dinner and head over to PS 217 for a free outdoor concert, 6-7pm.
• Queen Cobra Thai serves up their tasty eats at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 6pm.
• Join neighbors for a meeting about participatory budgeting in the 40th Council District (which includes part of Kensington), 7-9pm.
• Barbados’ legendary Krosfyah performs a free concert at Celebrate Brooklyn, 7:30-10:30pm.
• JJ Appleton plays his acoustic roots & blues at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Friday, June 12
• Join the drop-in sing-alongs with Lloyd H. Miller at Lark Café, 10 & 11am.
• Get in shape at Shape Up NYC’s free cardio toning class at Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 12-1pm.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark Cafe, 1pm.
• Sing-along with Frank from Rolie Polie Guacamole at ELK Coffee, 4pm.
• Teens are invited to the creative writing club at the Kensington Library, 4pm.
• Johnny Lupiani’s Awesome BBQ is dishing up food at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 4pm.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Free wine tasting at Kings County Wines, every Friday from 6-8pm.
• Bassist & singer Esperanza Spalding plays a free concert at Celebrate Brooklyn, 7:30-10:30pm.
• Neighbor Lola Star’s Dreamland Roller Disco is at Prospect Park’s Lakeside ($18, buy tickets here), 7:30-10pm.
• The Serpentones perform their Brooklyn honky-tonk at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 10pm.
Saturday, June 13
• See our beautiful E. 4th Street Community Garden during its visiting hours, 9am-1pm.
• Kids are invited to make their own terrarium at the E. 4th Street Community Garden (free supplies will be provided), 10am-12pm.
• Lavender Blues Sing-Along at Lark Cafe, 9:30 & 10:30am.
• Join ShapeUp NYC for a free cardio sculpt class at Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 11am.
• Families are invited to the Lavender Blues sing-along at Elk Coffee, 12pm.
• The Brooklyn Bird Club leads an intro to birdwatching class at Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 12-1pm.
• Attend a free Sahaja yoga meditation at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30pm.
• Burma Noodle Bar whips up their culinary creations at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 4pm.
• Join thousands of people for this year’s PopUp Dinner Brooklyn in Prospect Park ($35), 5-10pm.
• Lucius plays at a free concert at Celebrate Brooklyn, 7:30-10:30pm.
• Beninghove’s Hangmen play their “surf noir” at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Sunday, June 14
• Check out all the fresh veggies, fruit, and more at the Windsor Terrace-PS 154 greenmarket, 9am-3pm.
• See our beautiful E. 4th Street Community Garden during its visiting hours, 10am-2pm.
• Kids yoga with Jen at Lark Café, 10am.
• Sing along with Amy Miles at Lark Café, 11am.
• Join thousands of your neighbors for the annual Flatbush Avenue Street Fair, 12-6pm.
• Adults and families are invited to bring along what you’re working on and hang with neighbor and craft guru Dari Litchman at the Windsor Terrace Library for a Crochet and Knit Along, 3-4:30pm.
• We are hardcore drooling over the menu for Sycamore’s 6th annual Crawfish Boil (Louisiana-style crawfish boil with Andouille sausage, sweet corn, red potatoes, corn bread pudding, Southern slaw, a Watermelon margarita wedge, to name just some of it). The event is $30; buy tickets here. Seatings at 1pm, 3pm and 5pm.
• Cortelyou Jazz Jam at Bar Chord, 9pm.