Things To Do In Kensington This Week
Happy Monday, neighbors! This week, you can watch a movie while eating dinner at Brooklyn Commune, protest Governor Cuomo’s education reforms at a rally in front of PS 130, learn about small business taxes at the Prospect Park South Networking Group’s meeting, tap your feet to traditional Irish tunes at the Church Café Wine Bar, and lots more. If you have an event you’d like to add to our calendar, let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, March 9
• Stuff yourself with special prix-fixe meals at Cortelyou restaurants, all week.
• Go old school at Sycamore’s VHS Mondays, 8pm.
• Get your laugh on at the We’re Going to Hell Comedy Night at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Tuesday, March 10
• Join the drop-in sing-along with Miss Katie at Lark Cafe, 11am.
• Adults who don’t speak English as their first language are invited to the ESOL class at the Kensington Library, 5-8pm.
• Meet the brewers (and taste the beer!) from the Gun Hill Brewery at Sycamore’s Beer Club, 6-8pm.
• Join the Brooklyn Front Runners (a multi-sport club for LGBT and LGBT-friendly athletes) for a run at Prospect Park every Tuesday evening, 7pm.
• Win a $60 bar tab during Highbury Pub’s trivia night, 9pm.
• Trio Du Monde: tango, ska, and French folk classics at Bar Chord, 9pm
Wednesday, March 11
• Adults are invited to brush up on their computer skills during Kensington Library’s Computer Basics class, 11am-1pm.
• Join the sing-along with Debbie Deane at Lark Café, 11am.
• Kids can learn how to knit at the Kensington Library, 4-5pm.
• Shape Up NYC presents its Glutes in Gear: Cardio & Toning class at Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 6-7pm. (Please bring your own workout mat.)
• Sycamore’s The Lodge presents its Classic Match Wednesday, when it will air sports games on its big screen TV and serve up food from Johnny Lupiani’s, 8pm.
• Jon LaDeau performs his country infused, bluesy rock & roll at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Two-for-one whiskey night at the Highbury Pub, 9pm.
Thursday, March 12
• Protest Governor Cuomo’s proposed education reforms at a “Protect Our Schools” rally in front of PS 130, 8am.
• The Dad Beats! perform their kid-friendly tunes at Lark Cafe, 11am.
• Enjoy the monthly movie for kids at the Kensington Library, 3:30-5:30pm.
• Join the drop-in sing-along with Andrew of Rolie Polie Guacamole at Lark Cafe, 3:45pm.
• Lucy Kalantari performs her family-friendly tunes in front of the fireplace at ELK Coffee, 4pm.
• Join Brooklyn Commune for a showing of the movie “Toast” during their Dinner and a Movie series, $25 per person (RSVP here), 6:30pm.
• Join the Prospect Park South Networking Group for their next meeting, when local CPA Jeffrey Gilfix will talk about taxes for small businesses and entrepreneurs, at Ezra Guitar, 6:30-8:30pm.
• Get your groove on during a traditional Irish music session at the Church Café Wine Bar, 7-10pm.
• Dream of warmer weather with surfing videos and Caribbean food at Sycamore’s The Lodge, 8pm.
• Ben, Ben, Iroko perform theirLatin rhythms at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Friday, March 13
• Join the drop-in sing-alongs with Lloyd H. Miller at Lark Café, 10 & 11am.
• Come to Prospect Park’s Audubon Center for a free cardio toning class (bring your own workout mat), 12pm.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Teens are invited to work on their creative writing skills at the Kensington Library, 4-5pm.
• Super Yamba performs their original Afrobeat/Afro-funk/Afro-soul grooves at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 10pm.
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.