Things To Do In Ditmas Park This Weekend
Happy Thursday! This weekend, you can keep catching the World Cup around the neighborhood, see all sorts of musicians for free at local Make Music New York venues, family events all weekend at the East Midwood Jewish Center, and more.
Thursday, June 19
• Sign up for open mic night at 773 Lounge starting at 8pm.
• The Wild Hearts (featuring neighbors Aaron Shafer -Haiss and Michaela Anne) play Bar Chord, 9pm.
Friday, June 20
• Sing along with Lloyd of The Deedle Deedle Dees at Lark, 10 and 11am.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can attend Blooming Naturalists at the Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter, also at the Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• There’s a writing workshop for teens at the Cortelyou Library, 2:45pm.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Local artist and singer Laolu Senbanjo leads a drop-in African folk song singalong ($5) at Lark, 4pm…
• … followed by an African drawing class ($10), also at Lark, 5pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Amos Lee and Lake Street Dive play Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 7:30pm.
• The Crevulators are at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 9pm.
Saturday, June 21
• Register to help the Weekend Woodland Corps, starting at Prospect Park’s Picnic House parking lot, 9:45am.
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10:30am.
• Register ahead of time for a tour of the Flatbush Gardener’s yard, 11am.
• See Loalu Senbanjo and Afromysterics play Make Music New York at Le Paris Dakar (518 Nostrand Avenue between Halsey and Herkimer in Bed Stuy), 11am-12pm.
• Row, row, row your boat for free in Prospect Park, 12-4pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm…
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• There’s Sahaja yoga meditation at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30-2pm.
• There’s an upcycling class for kids four and above ($15 with registration or $20 to drop in) with Fruiggie at Lark, 2-3pm.
• History in Your Hands: Flax to Linen is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Dum Dum Girls, Hospitality, and TEEN are at Celebrate Brooklyn, 7pm.
• There’s a Science Soiree fundraiser for Kiddie Science at Lark, 7pm.
• Alegba and Friends play Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Mike Albano plays 773 Lounge, 10pm.
Sunday, June 22
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
• Register ahead of time to help the Weekend Volunteer Corps spruce up Prospect Park, meeting at Park Circle this week at 10am.
• Check out historic homes and gardens during the Clarendon Meadows House Tour ($20 in advance or $25 ahead of time), meeting at 2504 Clarendon Road (between E 25th and E 26th Streets), 1-5pm.
• NYCTrust brings Swing-A-Ling to Sycamore, 2-8pm.
• Join the Ditmas Park Sitting Group to meditate at Third Root, 6:45pm.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• County Kings are at Bar Chord, 7pm…
• … followed by The Cortelyou Jazz Jam, also at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Aaron Shafer Haiss
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.