The weather this weekend is going to be all over the place, so figure out what works for you–ongoing yoga and meditation classes, jazz, nachos, or game night, for instance.
Thursday, October 31
- It’s ice cream happy hour ($1 off) all day at Lark.
- Bring the family for candy and contests at DF Studio until 5pm.
- Kids can trick or treat at Dynasty Pediatrics (464 Ocean Parkway between Cortelyou and Ditmas) until 6:30pm or when the candy runs out!
- Join local Halloween parades in Prospect Park South and West Midwood (meetup and parade times at original post).
- Sign up for open mic night at 773 Lounge starting at 8pm.
- Check out a craaaazy Empire State Building Halloween light and music show from the Brooklyn Bridge or Williamsburg Waterfront, 8:30pm.
- Halloween drink specials, Happy Hour all night for those in costume, and free drinks to one lucky winner, plus Ben Ben Iroko plays (9pm) at Bar Chord.
Friday, November 1
- Sing along with Lloyd of the Deedle Deedle Dees at Lark, 10am.
- Shape Up NYC hosts a free introductory pilates class in Prospect Park, 12pm.
- Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
- There’s a writing workshop for teens at the Cortelyou Library, 2:45pm.
- Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
- Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
- Dirty Water Dogs play Bar Chord, 9pm.
- Enjoy music and comedy with Mike Fiorito and Friends, 773 Lounge, 9pm.
Saturday, November 2
- Get your dog licensed and go off-leash at Coffee Bark in Prospect Park, 7-9am.
- The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10am.
- Pick up a free tree at TD Bank (1623 Flatbush Avenue on the corner of E 32nd Street), 10am-12pm.
- Enjoy refreshments, help Sustainable Flatbush winterize their garden, and get a lesson from Sacred Vibes Apothecary at the Flatbush Reformed Church (2103 Kenmore Terrace near E 21st Street), 10-2pm.
- Learn about free and low-cost insurance coverage at the Flatbush YMCA, 11am-2pm.
- There’s a quilt show on Saturdays and Sundays until December 1 at the Lefferts Historic House, 12-1pm.
- Alex Levin and guests play jazz at Purple Yam, 12:30-2:30pm.
- Honey, Dear plays vintage jazz at Lark, 4pm.
- Learn about fermenting delicious foods at Brooklyn ARTery, 4-5:30pm.
- Sign up ahead of time for stretching and songs at Jaya Yoga, 7-8:30pm.
- Bang Dead is at 773 Lounge, 8pm.
- NYCTrust plays their weekly party at Sycamore, 8pm.
- Craig Dreyer and Friends are at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Sunday, November 3
- Meditate for free at at Jaya Yoga East, 8:30am.
- Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
- Learn about the process of designing toys at Brooklyn ARTery, 3-5pm.
- El Gato Nacho serves up deliciousness at the Flatbush Food Court, Sycamore, 12-6pm.
- Join the Ditmas Park Sitting Group to meditate at Third Root, 6:45pm.
- Game on! At Board Game Night, 773 Lounge, 8pm.
- The Cortelyou Jazz Jam is at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo by Sam of Dynasty Pediatrics