Happy Monday, neighbors! This week, you can join your neighbors at a CB 14 meeting, meet the brewers from Grimm Artisanal Ales at Sycamore, learn about the history of garlic at The Farm on Adderley, and lots more. If you have an upcoming event you’d like featured in our calendar, or if there’s anything we’ve left off, let us know! Post your events in our community calendar or email us at email@example.com.
Monday, May 11
• Attend the hearing at Hudde JHS 240 for the proposed co-location of a K-4 charter school at Hudde JHS 240, 5pm.
• Community Board 14’s monthly meeting at Edward R. Murrow High School, 7:30pm.
• We’re Going to Hell Comedy Night at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Tuesday, May 12
• New Gentle Yoga Support series at Third Root Health Center, $15 suggested donation, 10:45am-12pm.
• Join the drop-in sing-along with Miss Katie at Lark Cafe, 11am.
• Kids in grades 1-8 can get help with their homework at the Cortelyou Library, 3-4:30pm.
• DIY Teen Time at the Cortelyou Library, 4pm.
• Meet the brewers from Grimm Artisanal Ales at Sycamore, 6-8pm.
• El Super Tostadas dishes up their goods at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 6-10:30pm.
• Join the Brooklyn Front Runners (a multi-sport club for LGBT and LGBT-friendly athletes) for a run at Prospect Park every Tuesday evening, 7pm.
• Learn about the history of garlic with gastronomist Sarah Lohman at The Farm on Adderley ($60, register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org), 7:30pm.
• Win a $60 bar tab during Highbury Pub’s trivia night, 9pm.
• Americana singer/songwriter Janet Burgan performs at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Wednesday, May 13
• A gentle yoga class each Wednesday at the Church of the Nativity (1099 Ocean Avenue, by Farragut) will include stretching, strengthening, and breathing deeply, and the instructor noted it’s good for those with arthritis, hypertension, diabetes, or just regular aches and pains. $10 suggested donation, 10:30am.
• Join the sing-along with Debbie Deane at Lark Café, 11am.
• Kids can get help with their homework at the Cortelyou Library, 3-4:30pm.
• Teens Tech Time at the Cortelyou Library, 4-5pm.
• Listen to student-musicians present their new acoustic works during this free concert at Brooklyn College, 5pm.
• Bring your kitchen scraps to Q Gardens for free composting, 6:30-8:30pm.
• Shape Up NYC presents its Glutes in Gear: Cardio & Toning class at Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 6-7pm. (Please bring your own workout mat.)
• Adults are invited to learn how to knit at the Cortelyou Library, 6:30pm.
• Ono Banh Mi dishes up their deliciousness at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 6-10:30pm.
• Imunuri performs their original, soulful, funky folk-rock at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Two-for-one whiskey night at the Highbury Pub, 9pm.