Things To Do In Ditmas Park This Weekend
Happy Thursday, neighbors! This weekend, you can celebrate the Lunar New Year, go to a Bronx Brewery beer tasting at the Flatbush Food Coop, join neighbors for a Justice for Kyam Livingston rally, get out your ball gowns and go to an Oscars party at Sycamore, and lots more:
Thursday, February 19
• Dream of warmer weather with surfing videos and Caribbean food at Sycamore’s The Lodge, 8pm.
• Beninghove’s Hangmen will be playing their groovy surf noir at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Celebrate the Lunar New Year with Purple Yam’s New Year menu, Thursday-Sunday.
Friday, February 20
• Join the drop-in sing-alongs with Lloyd H. Miller at Lark Café, 10 & 11am.
• Free yoga class for people of all ages and levels at the Cortelyou Library, 10:15-11:15am.
• Come to Prospect Park’s Audubon Center for a free cardio toning class, 12pm.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can attend Blooming Naturalists at the Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• Neighbors of all ages are welcome to attend the creative writing group at the Cortelyou Library, 2:45-3:45pm.
• Learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter, also at the Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Drop-in sing-along with Andrew of Rolie Polie Guacamole at Lark Cafe ($10 per family), 4pm.
• The Flatbush Food Coop is holding a beer tasting with The Bronx Brewery, 5-8pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Brooklyn College presents William Inge’s “Picnic” at the Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts, (through February 28, $15, buy tickets here), 7:30pm.
• Looking for a fun & safe environment for your child while you do your shopping, go out to dinner, or catch up with friends? Latin Fever will provide your child with fun-filled activities, games, movies and more. $35 for 2.5 hours and snacks or $15 for one hour. 7:30-10pm.
• Jake G and the Soul Vibrance will play funk & soul classics, Flatbush style at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 10pm.
Saturday, February 21
• Lavender Blues Sing-Along at Lark Cafe, 10 & 11am.
• Join other crafty adults to make beautiful handmade creations (all materials will be provided) at the Cortelyou Library, 11am-12pm.
• The Brooklyn Bird Club offers a free class on birdwatching at Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 12-1:30pm.
• Clear your mind at the Sahaja Yoga Meditation at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30-1:30pm.
• Join neighbors at the Justice for Kyam Livingston rally at Church Avenue & E. 18th Street, 1pm.
• Show off your talents at the All Souls Bethlehem Church’s open mic night, 1-5pm.
• Try some scrumptious food and drinks at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 2-8pm every Saturday and Sunday.
• Darren DeFranco and The Means Beans will perform pop rock, funk & dance at Bar Chord, 8pm.
• The Michael Louis Band plays their good time rock ‘n’ roll at Bar Chord, 9:30pm.
Sunday, February 22
• Check out all the fresh veggies, fruit, and more at the Cortelyou Greenmarket (Cortelyou between Argyle and Rugby), 8am-3pm.
• Kids yoga with Jen at Lark Café, 10am.
• Sing along with Amy Miles at Lark Café, 11am.
• Alden Moves Dance Theater celebrates its grand opening with a “Studio Marketplace” that will feature local artisans and artists at the new storefront at 1203 Church Avenue, 11am-3pm
• Celebrate the Lunar New Year at the annual Sunset Park parade, 12pm.
• Meet the cidermakers (and drink some cider) from Millstone Cidery at The Lodge at Sycamore, 4-7pm.
• Drink some bubbly and wear your best ball gown to the Oscars party at Sycamore, 7pm.
• Cortelyou Jazz Jam at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.