The “What Abouts” For A Taste Of Sheepshead Bay
We’re getting a lot of phone calls about the details for A Taste of Sheepshead Bay on Thursday night. We’ve got 21 local food purveyors that will be serving up some of their best dishes for you to sample. Some places have even created new dishes specifically for this event.
To answer the most common questions…
- A Taste of Sheepshead Bay starts at 7:00 p.m. We expect it to end around 11:00 p.m., but who knows. Our last event at the Baron was supposed to end at midnight. I left at 4:00 a.m.!
- There is free valet parking. Please tip generously!
- The building is fully handicap-accessible.
- There is no smoking in-doors, but the Baron has a lovely pier and other outdoor areas where smoking is permitted.
- Soda, beer and other alcoholic drinks will be available for purchase at ridiculously low prices at the bar. Last time I was there, a glass of Stella Artois was around $3.50. The bar is run by the Knights of Columbus which keeps the prices low, but be sure to tip your bartenders generously.
- Water, coffee and tea will be provided for free.
- Dress is casual. Jeans are fine, so are costumes – Halloween is only four days away!
And the answer to two of the most common questions.
- The food vendors are providing samples of their dishes. How big is a sample? Well, that’s up to each individual vendor. But, all of these folks will be generous.
- You will not be able to make a meal out of any one restaurant’s offerings. But, altogether, visits to all 21 food stations will amount to much more than a meal, so come hungry!
And to answer the most frequently asked question, “What are they offering?” In no particular order……
Braised lamb shank over truffled mashed potatoes, fried chicken, mango madness rolls, homemade Italian cheesecake, New York style cheesecake, mussels stuffed with pine nuts and currants, papa a la huncaina, Manhattan clam chowder, spicy crab corn chowder, stuffed mushrooms, samsas, garlic knots, lagman, miso black cod, lobster bisque, chicken and vegetable hibachi, flank steak, Turkish coffee, Chinese-style roast pork tenderloin, penne alla vodka, frozen yogurt, Buffalo wings, casa rellena de pollo, sliders, fried calamari, corn nuggets, macaroni and cheese, baklava, chicken parmigiana, New England clam chowder, chicken katsu, Peking duck, assorted heroes, dessert and savory waffles and handmade chocolates and other desserts.
And that’s not everything; some restaurants still haven’t told us what they’re bringing and others are adding dishes as the week progresses. I’m sure there will be some surprises as the evening unfolds.
There’s only a few tickets left; we really are limited to 250 people. The Baron de Kalb simply can’t hold any more people. Don’t miss out on this, buy your tickets NOW. This is going to be a fantastic night.
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.