The 2013 ING New York City Marathon is this Sunday, November 3, and you should plan very carefully before trying to get around the day of. The closest, longest-stretching, and potentially most disruptive road closures in Brooklyn will begin at about 7am, and include:
- 4th Avenue between 92nd Street and Flatbush Avenue
- Flatbush Avenue between 4th Avenue and Lafayette Avenue
- Brooklyn Queens Expressway (southbound) between Verrazano Bridge and 79th Street
- Bay Ridge Parkway between 7th Avenue and 4th Avenue
- Pulaski Bridge (southbound)
Runners will be starting the marathon in waves from 8:30-10:55am. You can see a map of the marathon route and approximate schedule here, plus view closures in all boroughs from the Department of Transportation.
Photo via ING New York City Marathon