Spring cleaning? As you clean out your closets, consider donating used clothes, toys, coats, and furniture.
In the neighborhood:
- Parkville Youth Organization has a clothes and shoes drop off conveniently located on Ft Hamilton Parkway near E 2nd Street in front of the One Stop.
- Sean Casey (153 E 3rd Street) accepts cleaned towels and blankets to use for their rescued animals.
- GrowNYC will take clothing and textiles to use in their recycle program. The closest to Kensington is the Cortelyou Greenmarket on Sundays on Cortelyou between Argyle and Rugby.
- In nearby Park Slope, CHIPS accepts clean, gently used clothing for people of both genders and all ages.
- Goodwill Industries (258 Livingston) will accept working electronics in addition to toys and clothes.
- Call The Salvation Army (1-800-SA-TRUCK) to schedule a pick up of large items like couches.
Also consider donating to you religious organization.
Remember, whenever you donate respect the future owner by giving clean clothes, games with all the pieces, working electronics, and useful furniture.
Happy spring cleaning!