We’re getting a lot of crazy reports here. Among them:
- Power lines are down in spots all across Sheepshead Bay, Marine Park, and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Gerritsen Avenue is “gone” under water.
- Sheepshead Bay – the bay itself – is overflowing. The footbridge is underwater and the Holocaust Memorial is being pounded by waves.
- There’s an all-hands fire on Hampton Avenue in Manhattan Beach.
- There’s a partial collapse at MacKenzie Street and Oriental Boulevard in Manhattan Beach.
- The sign at the Golden Gate Inn has collapsed.
- The sign at the gas station on East 17th Street and Avenue Y has fallen.
- Aluminum siding and yard fencing has been stripped away.
- The Bank of America property fence on Avenue Z and East 13th Street is falling into an adjacent property.
- Power line down on East 17th Street and Avenue Z, putting on a fireworks display.
- “A huge backyard gym set came flying down Ave Z and got wedged btwn and parking meter and a fence.”
- We’ve also heard that the boat from before was swept up over the guardrail, onto the sidewalk (which is a ~foot underwater), and then back into the water!
Crazy stuff, people. Add your reports in the comments section. Please – today, tonight, tomorrow – send us photos of the damage! You can send them to nberke [at] sheepsheadbites.com or upload them to Facebook and tag them “Sheepshead Bites”.