Department of Transportation made the following suggestions for traffic calming on Cropsey Avenue at the CB 11 Transportation Committee meeting on Wednesday, April 26:
Where: Cropsey Avenue from Bay Parkway to 26th Avenue.
- DOT will install two pedestrian refuge islands:
- ten expanded median tips,
- a bus-boarding island between 24th Avenue and Bay 37th Street,
- painted pedestrian space on Harway Avenue between Bay 37th Street, and Bay 38th Street,
- wide parking lane stripes, and channelization along the existing median.
Why: To shorten crossing distance on Cropsey Ave, better organize traffic, discourage speeding, improve bus operations, and improve safety for all road users.