We thought that because of Sandy, this pre-planned subway work would be cancelled, but nope. It’s free shuttle buses for riders of the F and G trains this weekend, beginning at 11:30pm tonight, and continuing through 5am Monday:
No F trains between Jay St-MetroTech and 18 Av
No G trains between Hoyt-Schermerhorn and Church Av
F service operates in two sections:
1. Between 179 St and Jay St-MetroTech, and rerouted via the C to/from Euclid Av (days) or the A to/from Lefferts Blvd (nights)
2. Between 18 Av and Stillwell Av
G service operates in two sections:
1. Between Court Sq and Bedford-Nostrand Avs
2. Between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and Hoyt-Schermerhorn, every 20 minutes
• Transfer at Bedford-Nostrand Avs to continue your trip.
• Transfer between A, F, and G trains at Hoyt-Schermerhorn.
• Transfer between A, F, trains and buses at Jay St-MetroTech.
Shuttle buses operate along three routes:
• Local service between Jay St-MetroTech and 4 Av-9 St, making stops at Bergen, Carroll and Smith-9 Sts.
• Local service between 4 Av-9 St and Church Av, making stops at 7 Av, 15 St-Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Pkwy.
• Limited stop service between Jay St-MetroTech and 18 Av, stopping at Church and Ditmas Avs.
You could try the R train instead, but remember that it’s still not running between Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Next weekend the subways will run as usual, but then the shuttle buses return for the weekend of November 30 – December 3. Sometimes things change – for updates, visit MTA.info.