If you’re hanging around the neighborhood this Memorial Day weekend, we’ve put together a list of places and services that will either be closed or operating under a limited schedule on Monday, May 30:
• Government offices and courts are closed.
• There is no mail delivery.
• All city public schools are closed.
• Alternate side parking is suspended, and you don’t have to pay the parking meter.
• There is no garbage, recycling, or organics pickup. If Monday is your garbage day, put out your garbage after 4pm Monday evening. If Monday is your recycling day, wait until next week to put out your recycling. If Monday is your organics day, put the items out for your next organics collection day.
• The New York City subway will operate on a Sunday schedule.
• All Brooklyn Public Library locations will be closed from Saturday, May 28 through Monday, May 30.
• Area banks will be closed.
Have a fun and safe weekend! If you take any photos of you and your friends and family enjoying a picnic in Prospect Park, a drink or meal outside at a local bar or restaurant, or even just lounging on your stoop, send them our way at email@example.com and we’ll post them on the site!
Additional reporting by Donny Levit.