Here’s a breakdown of some of the points that involved Prospect Park:
• GoogaMooga will not return in 2014.
• Large events are not chosen as money making vehicles for the Parks Department, but as things that “belong in parks, that the public wants, and that are broadly open to the public.”
• The consumption of alcohol at large events is being reconsidered.
• There was some disagreement over the use of free, but limited, tickets for events.
• New Yorkers for Parks and Council Member Lander encouraged the Parks Department to develop a clear set of guidelines for large-scale events allowed in the parks
You can read Council Member Lander’s post in full here.
Are you sorry to see GoogaMooga go, or is it a step in the right direction to making sure that future events are more appropriate for the grounds?