Man Found Dead In The Bathroom At Junior’s, Say Cops

(Courtesy Rob Nguyen via Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/rob_nguyen/5472622043/in/photolist-9kABSt-8xnCfp-8xqE3j-3WxDap-8xqEfN-8xnBVX-8xnC2D-8xqEpq-8xnC8k-aW5w3k-8xqEn5-48ryw6-8xnC3T-3WBZZy-e81Gwj-8xnBYr-ahArv2-4S9LNZ-5pobLc-aW5vJK-bccaBr-6BocX7-6aUsbU-xxUHyU-aqKKfn-8pN9LD-xVn4N-8CK2U4-dzoygh-8fQaJF-4S9L5t-gSkCZZ-uELuhW-gSkwy1-KzfYi-99PjyB-8gvqhs-9SfdEF-4oJrGi-ckTaqA-ckTadw-6aUrT5-hjw2oP-3WxGf8-6aQgvp-6aUruL-6VBhQb-8xqEsb-7umc2c-yT9Z )
(Courtesy Rob Nguyen via Flickr.)

A man was found dead of a drug overdose at Junior’s over the weekend, reports the New York Daily News.

Cops say the 59 year-old man was found in a bathroom stall with a syringe in his hand, at about 4:40am on May 29 at the downtown Brooklyn institution (386 Flatbush Avenue Extension), according to the Daily News. The News also reports that there were several pills found nearby.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the man and his family,” said Junior’s owner Alan Rosen to the News.

Junior’s weekend hours are 6:30am to 1am. The News reports that it still isn’t clear if the man was a customer.

Junior’s has been a Brooklyn mainstay since Alan Rosen’s grandfather, Harry, opened the shop in 1950. Alan Rosen’s father, Walter, took over from Harry before passing it down to his sons. Walter Rosen passed away earlier this year.

share this story

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *