Madison-Marine Civic Launches Food Drive
The Madison-Marine-Homecrest Civic Association has launched their annual Thanksgiving food drive, and they’re collecting at local establishments until November 18.
The group is asking residents to contribute non-perishable Thanksgiving-related food items at bins in the following locations:
- Michael’s Bakery (2923 Avenue R)
- JoMart Chocolates (2917 Avenue R)
- Pronto Pizza (2928 Avenue R)
- Tom’s Cleaners (2917 Avenue S)
- Buckley’s Restaurant (2926 Avenue S)
- Ave. U Fish Market (2704 Avenue U)
- G & S Pork Store (2611 Avenue U)
- Roosevelt Savings Bank (2925 Avenue U)
Frozen turkeys and donations (payable to Madison-Marine Civic) may also be brought to the King’s Chapel (Quentin Rd. and East 27th Street) on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or to the group’s November 18 meeting at the chapel. For information, call (917) 538-6803.
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.