Leiby Kletzky’s Family Sues Admitted Killer Levi Aron For $100 Mil

Levi Aron (image by Jesse Ward for Daily News)

The Daily News reported this morning that the Borough Park family of slain 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky is suing the boy’s confessed killer Levi Aron for $100 million.

Nachman Kletzky is seeking punitive damages from Aron for the kidnapping, murder and dismemberment of his son. Aron had abducted the boy as he walked home from camp in July.

From the News:

The civil suit, filed last week in Brooklyn Supreme Court,  says that Leiby “was terrorized, physically and psychologically assaulted and injured, and was murdered and his body dismembered, with parts of his body hidden in a refrigerator.”
The suit was filed on behalf of Nachman Kletzky, who only learned in recent weeks of the gruesome details of his son’s death, a source said.

The lawsuit was initiated the same week that Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Neil Firetog reprimanded Aron’s lawyers.

In court last Tuesday, Firetog accused defense attorneys Pierre Bazile and Jennifer McCann of being too inexperienced to take on such a complex case. He also chided them for talking to the media and posting comments on Facebook about court proceedings, hinting that the two lawyers may have been the source of Aron’s illegally leaked psychiatric evaluation.

Comments

Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.


search