Just a reminder that enrollment for public school kindergarten seats starts today, Wednesday, January 7, and runs through Friday, February 13.
Applications and details about how to fill them out and where to submit them can be found here.
Eligible students for the September 2015 start of the school year are those who turn five years old in 2015 — meaning they were born in 2010.
An information session for Brooklyn parents will be held on Tuesday, January 13 from 6-7:30pm at the Prospect Heights Educational Campus, located at 883 Classon Avenue.
Open houses for several Brooklyn schools will also be held during the next month. A list — that is still being updated by the city Department of Education — can be found here, but you should also directly contact schools that you’re interested in.
Other tips include:
When you apply you should prepare the information listed below:
- Child’s name and date of birth
- Your name, address, phone number, and email address (if applicable)
- Information on any siblings who will be enrolled at a school you’re applying to in grades K-5 next year, including name, date of birth, current school, grade, and OSIS number.
- Child’s current pre-K (if applicable)
- Child’s native language (if applying to a dual language program)
- The programs you are applying to, in order of your preference.
Please note that you will need to provide documentation supporting this information when accepting a kindergarten offer.