Kids, Get Those Dance Shoes Ready To Audition For The Brooklyn Nets Kids Dance Team
If you have child between ages six and 13 who won’t stop dancing and enjoys the stage, you may want to see if they’re interested in auditioning for the Brooklyn Nets Kids Dance Team, which is holding open auditions for the paid gig this Wednesday, August 12 at LIU Brooklyn’s Paramount Theatre (1 University Plaza).
With registration starting at 5pm and celebrity choreographers like Tanisha Scott — who has worked with Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, and Rihanna — the event is sure to draw a large crowd of energetic kids, so arrive early or on time.
Here are the audition requirements:
- All applicants should have at least two years of dance training.
- Dancers will be asked to demonstrate their ability to learn and perform choreography.
- Tumbling and break-dancing skills are a plus, but not required.
- Participants should wear dance attire and non-marking sneakers or dance shoes.
- One parent or legal guardian must be present at registration to sign a participation waiver.
- Only those auditioning will be allowed into the gymnasium.
- Doors open at 5 p.m., audition begins at 6 p.m.
- First round elimination will be at 6:45 p.m., and second round elimination will be at 9 p.m.
- Finalists may be kept until 9:30 p.m.
- Final team will be announced by Monday, August 17.
- Dancers who are selected must be available to attend rehearsals in Brooklyn once a week, as well as Saturday and Sunday home games at Barclays Center.
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.