ICYMI: Sandy Anniversary, F Train Express Service, Community Mourns Fallen Police Officer
In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A city-sponsored study exposes the newest threat to Sandy-victims’ ability to stay in their homes: Rising flood insurance rates.
- Three years after Sandy, the city’s Build it Back program is making progress in Sheepshead Bay.
- New renderings show the look of the retail portion of Coney Island’s tallest tower.
- Cops recovered a loaded gun and forged credit cards during a raid at an apartment in the Sheepshead Bay houses.
- Southern Brooklyn’s elected officials want express F train service restored to Coney Island.
- Assemblyman Steven Cymbrowitz and Senator Martin Golden pushed insurance reforms through Albany to protect Sandy-affected homeowners.
- Assemblywoman Helene Weinstein secured $2 million for enhanced security measures at the Sheepshead Bay/Nostrand Houses.
- Community Board 15 voted unanimously to oppose the mayor’s zoning proposal.
- Neighbors joined with local police to mourn the death of officer Randolph Holder.
- The alleged killer of a Coney Island mom was picked up by police for manspreading on the subway.
- The Madison-Marine-Homecrest Civic Association’s Thanksgiving food drive is underway.
- An 82-year-old man was fatally struck by a car on Gerritsen Avenue.
- Two suspects in an Ocean Avenue deli heist have been linked to more robberies in Queens.
- The owner of a Coney Island Avenue gas station said new renovations will protect the business from the extreme weather linked to climate change.
- A 92-year-old woman was fatally struck by a car in Manhattan Beach.
- A $20,000 grant is available for Sandy-impacted homeowners.
- The Pizza D’Amore on Avenue U is pizza to love.
- Senator Chuck Schumer has bet one of his senate colleagues that the Mets will win the Wold Series.
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.