Last Sunday, April 2, a 46 -year old neighbor returned home to find his fine watches and jewelry gone. A total of $78,000 worth of watches, and another $31,000 worth of jewelry.
The thief, an unidentified man, broke the kitchen window to get into the apartment in a multi-unit building near 28th and Harvay Avenues in Gravesend around half past midnight. He then removed the following items from a display case on the bedroom dresser, cops say:
- a Panarai watch valued at $10,500,
- a Jacob the Jeweler watch valued at $17,500,
- a Breitling Super Avenger watch valued at $6,500,
- a Breitling Navitimer watch valued at $4,500,
- a Rolex Datejust valued at $28,000,
- a Bentley watch valued at $11,000,
- a necklace with cross valued at $12,000,
- a ring valued at $7,000 and
- a bracelet valued at $12,000.
The thief left with the valuables a white bag. The images capture the suspect before the burglary.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.