1. Brush twice-a-day. This is especially at night when any remaining bacteria will multiply while you sleep, making you more prone to cavities and gum disease.
2. Floss. Floss once a day to remove bacteria from between the teeth
3. Change your toothbrush with the seasons, every three months. Bacteria will grow and multiply on an old toothbrush!
4. Fluoride is your best friend to guard against cavities. Children should drink nyc water which has fluoride in it. This will prevent cavities in permanent teeth. All toothpaste should have fluoride. Even consider adding a fluoride rinse to your regimen!
5. Adults with healthy mouths should visit the dentist every 6 months, every 3 months if diagnosed with periodontal disease, children with healthy mouths should visit the dentist once a year, more frequently if problems persist.
P.S. Remember to always keep regular check-ups; they are the best way to care for your smile and almost always covered by insurance!
The first thing people notice is your smile so feel free to schedule an appointment today!