When the F subway line came alive on December 15, 1940, the term “Fastrack” was not part of the MTA vocabulary.
Straphangers in need of transportation overnight this week should take note of service suspensions. In addition, that light green Pantone 376 color of the G line will also go dark during late nights from Monday, September 12 – Friday, September 16 from 11:15pm-5am.
Fastrack is an MTA program which began in 2012, providing consecutive nights for maintenance, cleaning, and repair.
Here’s what you need to know during this timeframe.
• No F or G service at Bergen Street, Carroll Street, Smith-9th Streets, 4 Avenue-9 Street, 15 Street-Prospect Park, and Fort Hamilton Parkway.
• No G trains service between Church Avenue and Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets.
• Free shuttle buses and A line trains will provide alternate service.
So, what will be running?
F line: Trains run express between Jay Street-MetroTech and Church Avenue in both directions. Trains will stop at 7 Avenue.
G line: will run in two sections:
• Between Court Square and Bedford-Nostrand Avenues
• Between Bedford-Nostrand Avenues and Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets
Here are your travel alternatives:
• Free shuttle buses will operate between Jay St-MetroTech and Church Avenue, stopping at Bergen Street, Carroll Street, Smith-9 Streets, 4 Av-9 Street, 7 Avenue, 15 Street-Prospect Park, and Fort Hamilton Parkway.
• Transfer between G line and A line trains at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets.
• Transfer between A line and F line trains at Jay Street-MetroTech.
• Transfer between free shuttle buses and F line trains at Jay Street-MetroTech, 7 Avenue, or Church Avenue.
More FASTRACK info can be found here.