To some of us, bookstores are essential businesses, and they are not letting Brooklynites down during the coronavirus pandemic:
- The Book Mark Shoppe in Bay Ridge is still open 10am -6pm today. Though do check before heading out.
- Community Bookstore and Terrace Books are offering delivery or pick up, pay by phone.
- You can order a book or merchandise from Cafe con Libros’s online shop here. They offer a monthly subscription service, where they will deliver feminist books to your home. It’s available for ages 0-5, 5-9, and for adults.
- You can order books to be delivered by bike from Mil Mundos by texting their phone number at (347) 425-7077 or DMing them on Instagram.
- Unnameablebooks are open intermittently, call them 718 789 1534.
Greenlight Bookstore is currently closed to the public until further notice, but are still fulfilling online orders for curbside pickup or shipping, which is free over $100. They have locations in Fort Greene and Prospect Lefferts Gardens.
Books are Magic is closed to public but will remain open 10 am-7pm for online and phone orders and pickup.
- PowerhouseArena are open by appointment only:
- Book clubs are moving online – drop us a line and we’ll spread your story.
- All public libraries have closed.