Enjoy Games, Rides, Vendors & More At The Flatbush Avenue Street Fair This Sunday, June 14
It’s that time of year again!
The annual Flatbush Avenue Street Fair, one of the summer’s most popular events in the area, is this Sunday, June 14 from 12-6pm. The event, which is organized by the Flatbush Avenue Business Improvement District and annually draws thousands of people, will be held on Flatbush Avenue, between Parkside Avenue and Cortelyou Road.
During the festivities, the one-mile stretch of Flatbush will fill with carnival and pony rides, games, a variety of food and vendors, balloon art, magician and dance performances, and other great activities!
Here’s a glimpse of what we can expect to see on Sunday:
- Performances by Cynthia King Dance Studio at the intersection of Flatbush Avenue and Snyder Avenue.
- Demo classes and performances — from salsa to the hustle — from Balmir Latin Dance Studio, between Snyder Avenue and Albemarle Road.
- DJ Omar will be spinning music all day at Flatbush Avenue and Clarkson Avenue.
- Balloon artist extraordinaire Junior Walker will be entertaining families at Flatbush and Clarkson from 1-4pm.
- Rides all day near Clarkson Avenue and near Tilden.
- A chance to win raffle prices (including a $50 gift certificate to Cynthia King Dance Studio, tasty treats from Edible Arrangements, one free month of unlimited classes at Balmir Dance Studio, a stack of free tickets for the fair’s rides, and more) at the BID’s table.
- The Kings Theatre (1027 Flatbush Avenue, by Tilden Avenue) will hold a raffle every hour on the hour, from 11am-4pm, in front of the theatre for free tickets to upcoming shows.
And, for all of you driving, steer clear of this area. Flatbush, from Parkside to Cortelyou, will be closed to traffic for much of the day, and other roads around the event are often congested.
To stay updated on announcements about the fair, visit the Flatbush Avenue BID’s website and Facebook page. If you have other questions, contact the BID by calling 718-282-2500 ext. 79234 or emailing FlatbushAveBID1@gmail.com.
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.