CONEY ISLAND – It’s been almost five years since Superstorm Sandy hit our shores, and the businesses of Coney Island want to do their part and give back to those affected by Hurricane Harvey. Here’s what they are doing:
- All of the proceeds raised on September 7th from ticket sales of the Brooklyn Cyclones’ game will be donated to the Minor League Baseball Charities’ relief efforts. Brooklyn Cyclones will be playing against the Staten Island Yankees. Anyone who purchases a $15 ticket with CODE: “RELIEF” will be donating 100% of the sale to Minor League Baseball Charities’ relief efforts.
- All proceeds raised on September 9th from participating local businesses including Applebee’s Grill & Bar, Coney Island Brewery, Deno’s Wonder Wheel Amusement Park, Gargiulo’s Restaurant, Luna Park, Nathan’s Famous, Paul’s Daughter, the New York Cosmos (who will be fundraising throughout the month of September) and Totonno’s will be donated to the Greater Houston Community Foundation’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund.
- Applebee’s Grill & Bar will be donating 10% of sales from their Coney Island location
- Coney Island Brewery will donate $1.00 of every beer sold
- Deno’s Wonder Wheel Amusement Park will donate a portion of September 9th’s proceeds
- Gargiulo’s Restaurant will donate a portion of September 9th’s proceeds
- Luna Park will donate 10% of ticket sales on September 9th
- Nathan’s Famous will donate $1.00 of every sale made on September 9th from both their Coney Island locations
- Paul’s Daughter will be donating $1,000 towards recovery efforts
- Totonno’s will donate a portion of September 9th’s proceeds toward these efforts
- The New York Cosmos will be donating 50% of all sales for $10 endline seats for matches on 9/3, 9/17, 9/20, and 9/23 when anyone purchases with CODE: “HOUSTON”. Additionally, at Cosmos home matches, raffle tickets will be sold with 100% of sales going to the Greater Community Foundation of Houston’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. All through September.