Happy Saturday morning! Make this weekend a great one with a benefit brunch, live music, Kitten Palooza, and more.
Saturday, November 16
- The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10am.
- There’s a quilt show on Saturdays and Sundays until December 1 at the Lefferts Historic House, 12-1pm.
- Or you can join the Brooklyn Bird Club for a walk starting at the Prospect Park Audubon Center, 12-1pm.
- Alex Levin and guests play jazz at Purple Yam, 12:30-2:30pm.
- Take Intro to Sanskrit with Kiki Flynn at Jaya Yoga East, 1-3pm.
- … then stick around for Intro to the Sutras, also at Jaya Yoga East, 3:30-5:15pm.
- Race around the farmyard Saturdays and Sundays at the Lefferts Historic House, 2:30-3:30pm.
- Honey, Dear plays vintage jazz at Lark, 4pm.
- La Mecanica Popular plays Sycamore, 8pm.
- DECOSTER plays 773 Lounge, 9pm.
- Alegba and Friends are at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Sunday, November 17
- Meditate for free at at Jaya Yoga East, 8:30am.
- Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
- Check out neighbor and WKCR DJ Carter Van Pelt as he spins reggae records at Coffee Mob, 10am-12pm.
- Email or call ahead of time for one of two Typhoon Yolanda benefit brunches, Purple Yam, 11am-4pm.
- Adopt a cat or kitten from the Brooklyn Bridge Animal Welfare Coalition in front of Qathra, 11am-4pm.
- Local veggie favorite Barry’s Tempeh is at the Flatbush Food Court, Sycamore, 12-6pm.
- Yoon Sun Choi plays at Sunday Jazz for the Family, Lark, 4pm.
- The Lit at Lark series continues with host Amy Shearn, plus Pia Z. Ehrhardt, Jael McHenry, and Nathan Oates at Lark, 5pm.
- Join the Ditmas Park Sitting Group to meditate at Third Root, 6:45pm.
- Game on! At Board Game Night, 773 Lounge, 8pm.
- The Cortelyou Jazz Jam is at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Lavender Blues