Here’s our roundup of some of the crime reports that happened in and around Bensonhurst in the last two weeks, courtesy of the NYPD’s 62nd Precinct.
- On March 4, at 11am, a 52-year-old man returning to his house on West 4th Street noticed the back window — where the fire escape was — was open and electronics were missing, say cops.
- On March 7, at 3pm, on West 8th Street, a man was sleeping when he heard his dog barking. He went to the window to find the screen open and the blinds up. Cops say he saw a man there and the man said “I’m working on the roof, looking for Eddie.” When the perp was questioned outside, he fled the scene, according to police.
- According to cops, on March 1, a man left his house on 68th Street at 3pm and came back at 5pm to find that it had been ransacked. $10,000 dollars of property was stolen, mostly in jewellery. The perps removed the back security gate to gain access to the property.
- A man returned his car parked on 65th Street on March 6, at 10pm, and found that someone had broken into his front window and stolen his wallet which contained his credit and debit card, according to police.
- After an argument in front of a store at 11pm on March 5th on 14th Avenue, a 21-year-old man was struck on the side of the head with a hammer with a yellow handle, causing him to fall to the ground, say cops. The perp and his accomplices then fled the scene in a Gray Silverado and the victim was taken to Maimoides Hospital where he was treated for lacerations to his head and above his left ear. The incident was caught on camera and the police are following up on the matter.