We’re currently growing, and we’d love to add some new staff members to our crew! If you are passionate about the Brooklyn neighborhoods that we cover, please get in touch about the possibilities for full-time and contributing writeropportunities, and a digital advertising operations manager position.
If you have a love of your neighborhood, and have a desire to share that love while helping to make your neighborhood a better place for everyone who lives here, join our team!
Summary: Oversees editorial content. Must have a passion for local news and engagement in your community, be able to write quickly and accurately, and have a deep understanding of content management systems and social media.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Be the face of the neighborhood, the ultimate source for everything that’s going on in the neighborhood.
• Research, report, and write both original and aggregated content.
• Seek out interesting stories, know when breaking news is happening, and prioritize it all quickly.
• Attend community meetings and other important events.
• Help guide the editorial direction of the site based on metrics, community input, and new ideas.
• Expand the site’s reach through social networks, creative marketing, and just talking to neighbors on the street.
• A passion for the neighborhood, and for sharing its stories.
• Experience with writing, photography, and the social web.
• Experience working independently and under tight deadlines.
• Excellent news judgement.
• Flexibility, and an eagerness to help the site grow and change.
• Must be willing to live in or near the neighborhood you cover, since you will be spending a lot of time here, and knowing it intimately is the most important part of the job!
To apply, send an email cover letter with attached resume and recent clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “EDITOR JOB” in the subject line.
POSITION: CONTRIBUTING WRITER
Got a love for your neighborhood and a desire to express it? Looking to build up a portfolio of writing? We’d love to provide a regular forum for your work, and are open to your pitches — however, if you’d just like to get involved, we can help with ideas for pieces.
To apply, send an email pitching what you’d like to do and why you’d like to do it, and please include some writing samples, to email@example.com.
POSITION: DIGITAL AD OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
Corner Media Group seeks a digital advertising operations manager with experience in ad serving and reporting, responsible for supporting sales and marketing team to maximize revenue potential. You will be a key part of the team, and help drive business success through managing campaigns and identifying opportunities for growth and efficiencies.
- Manage scheduling of campaigns by working closely with Director of Sales and Marketing to ensure smooth delivery of assets and media through creating and monitoring job delivery report
- Maintain advertising calendar
- Work directly with advertisers & media designers to collect creative assets, troubleshoot technical issues, and correctly implement rich media
- Responsible for deploying digital campaigns across platforms, ad servers, Facebook and Twitter platforms.
- Proactively troubleshoot and handle problem-solving processes for client issues
- Manage and service clients to ensure accurate implementation, quality control, and maintenance across multiple websites
- Review dashboards and reports and make informed, rapid changes to efficiently increase performance on campaigns
- Compile reports and deliver insights at launch, during and after campaigns
- Provide sales department with detailed weekly sales reporting
- Proactively recommend innovation ideas/opportunities
- 2-3 years of experience in online ad trafficking and working with related technologies required
- Understanding of digital advertising concepts and terms
- Strong problem solving abilities and communication skills required
- Must be detail oriented, analytical, organized, and produce high-quality work
- Excellent client service approach and ability to meet tight/ad hoc deadlines and multi-task effectively, supporting and delivering on multiple requests
- Experience in internal and external tools and systems used to setup and monitor campaigns
- Experience in a sales support role and superior client service skills
- Desire to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine curiosity, strategic thinking and the ability to learn on-the-fly
- Ability to work independently and to achieve success based on your own initiative.
To apply send cover letter, resume, and why you would be excited to work at Corner Media to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corner Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.