3rd Annual Rock N Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon
The following streets will be closed Saturday from 7 am to 12 pm noon for the event that will bring close to 18,000 runners to the heart of Brooklyn. The race starts at the Brooklyn Museum and finishes in Prospect Park. Bands will perform a variety of music from alternative to classic rock, punk, funk and blues to jazz it up spaced every mile or so. American Rock band Hollis Brown from Brooklyn will headline the post-race concert (FREE, 10:30 am – 11:45 am).
- Grand Army Plaza
- Eastern Parkway between Flatbush Avenue and Kingston Avenue
- Washington Avenue between Eastern Parkway and Empire Boulevard
- Empire Boulevard between Washington Avenue and Flatbush Avenue
- Ocean Avenue between Flatbush Avenue and Parkside Avenue
- Parkside Avenue between Ocean Avenue and Park Circle
- Park Circle between South Lake Drive and Ocean Parkway Entrance Ramp
- Ocean Parkway between Ocean Parkway Entrance Ramp and Quentin Road
Here’s who’s playing where:
Ragamuffin Parade on Saturday /3rd Avenue Festival on Sunday
3rd Avenue between Bay Ridge Avenue and 94th Avenue will be closed Sunday from 10 am to 6 pm.
On Saturday from 1 pm to 3 pm:
Formation: 3rd Avenue between Bay Ridge Parkway and 77th Street
Route: 3rd Avenue between 77th Street and 91st Street
Dispersal: 3rd Avenue between 91st Street and 92nd Street
Red Hook Walks: Van Brunt between Van Dyke Street and Visitation Place will be closed Saturday from 6 pm to 10 pm.
- Play giant games of checkers, chess, and jenga in the middle of the street.
- Bounce on an inflatable haunted castle.
- Get creative with community art projects hosted by Red Hook Art Project (RHAP), Pioneer Works, and Kentler Art Gallery.
- Do a science project with HYPOTHEkids, or relax with a good book with the Uni Project’s mobile library!
- Get your picture taken at the Red Hook Labs photo booth.
- Learn to weld at a blacksmithing workshop hosted by She-Weld.
- Groove to live music hosted by Jalopy Theatre and School of Music and Bene’s Record Shop.
- Paint pumpkins!
- Baked, Dolce Brooklyn and La Newyorkina will be selling tasty treats that you can enjoy on the street.
- Good Fork and watering holes like the Brooklyn Ice House are hosting sidewalk cafes and outdoor seating right on Van Brunt!
- Dry Dock will be offering wine and cider tastings.
Weekend construction will close the following streets Saturday from 8 am to 6 pm and Sunday from 9 am to 6 pm to facilitate crane operation or MTA work:
- Albee Square West between Fulton Street and Willoughby Street
- Kent Avenue between South 8th Street and South 9th Street (only Sunday from 9 am to 9 pm)
- Brighton 12th Street between Oceanview Avenue and Corbin Place
- Livonia Avenue between Mother Gaston Boulevard and Christopher Avenue (closed from 6 am to 4 pm Friday and 5 am to 9 pm Saturday and Sunday to facilitate MTA work.)
- Livonia Avenue between Christopher Avenue and Sackman Street (closed from 6 am to 4 pm Friday and 5 am to 9 pm Saturday and Sunday to facilitate MTA work.)
- Livonia Avenue between Sackman Street and Powell Street (closed from 6 am to 4 pm Friday and 5 am to 9 pm Saturday and Sunday to facilitate MTA work.)