What else is happening:
- Yasiin Bey’s ‘Negus’ Exhibit Championed By Q-Tip, Dave Chappelle And More – at the Brooklyn Museum (Essence)
- The Big Reveal After Years Of Renovation: Scaffolding Just Came Down On South Congregational Church On Court Street (PMFA)
- Neighborhoods lose if commercial rent bill passes – Greg David in Crains
- NYCHA residents, Treyger fume over nixed Hurricane Sandy repairs in Coney Island (Daily News)
- DAs Raise the Alarm Over Upcoming End of Cash Bail in Most New York Cases (NY1)
- Why Transit Advocates Are Pushing to Reopen Shuttered Subway Entrances (NY1)
- Restoring Brooklyn’s Queen of Department Stores (NYT)
- Looks like political opponents are thinking of running against Assemblywoman Mathylde Frontus, who gets the NYP treatment: Brooklyn assemblywoman sought $100K in state funding for nonexistent ‘think tank’. It was certainly an idea she discussed at length during her run, but ideas need funds, and without them don’t amount to much. She did not get funding from the state.
- And Councilmember Lander seems to have landed himself in a bit of hot water, per this opinion piece by Seth Barron of the Manhattan Institute’s City Journal, also in NYP.
— Jamie McCornucopia🦃 (@JamieMcCarty) November 22, 2019
Bklyner reporting is supported by our subscribers and: